Sunday, May 29, 2016

Mental preparation for work life

Finished the Bourne series in 2 days, which kind of keeps me thinking again. Well, thinking too much isn't good either but I think this is probably the time for me to think more, since I am slightly less pressured nowadays. There is always a hierarchy in this world, whether I like it or not. Sometimes I think the effect is catastrophic as people can just overpower the weaker parties using the wrong methods. A person can just push all his own mistakes to another person if he can do so although it is morally wrong to do it, but to protect his own fame & power he might just do it. Will I face this kind of situation when I finally step into work life a few months later? Am I going to obey certain restrictions because I am underpowered?

The second thing is about success. In a football match, the team that played well might lose because of luck. In an exam, a person might not do well because he was not being tactical enough. I guess the world that I am going into is more complicated than now, and certainly my ultimate aim is to survive. It is probably similar to the Hunger Games where I will be thrown into an arena and need to survive until the end. I certainly hope to achieve success, even though I don't think it is logical to dream that I will achieve it in a short period of time. I believe I had always work hard enough (not working too hard because I still prefer a life). I guess from now on, I should change from work hard to work smart since that is probably the only path to success or being rewarded.

How should I be more knowledgeable? This is something that I had being trying to figure out for a very long time. Still not really consistent in terms of reading news, as sometimes I am just being lazy to care about all those nonsense that are happening around me. Oh well, I guess at some point I still cannot just focus on myself and need to build on my knowledge and awareness on the recent news and topics that are popularly discussed. Recently quite stuck in studies as well, so I guess is time to try to read and think more about what have I learnt. The knowledge I learnt since my masters are like pieces of a puzzle, and I am still trying to figure out how to combine all those pieces into a puzzle.

Life is full of uncertainties. However I am a person that will try to prepare before the wave of uncertainties arrived. Maybe sometimes I am being a bit over-worried or anxious, but I hope that all these thinking and preparation will shape me into a better individual. I have certainly failed to achieve quite a lot of aims during the recent years, but it is probably time to prepare myself and face the challenges again.

No comments:

Post a Comment