Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Contrast

Had been slacking a bit recently, a less busy term with a lost in direction as well. The dilemma between chilling and learn more really stroke me hard. I felt that I want to relax a bit more, since this is probably my last few months here. At the same time, I also want to learn more since I have the opportunity. In the end, I am somewhere in the middle, not relax and also not hardworking....

I think I am probably the only person that is still trying to cope with 4 modules when I am only suppose to care about 2. Why go into trouble, right? Might as well just focus on 2 modules and score as well as possible, might as well pick 2 easy modules and chill at home or travel, might as well just do 2 modules and take the CFA exam... So many other options, they somehow affected me a bit because I am always reflecting whether am I doing the right thing or not.

The other thing that I had been thinking for quite a while, is about the transition in studies or future job. From a science background to a risk management course is already a huge transition for me, since everything started from almost zero. I will be experiencing another transition soon, from a more banking related course to a corporate finance/ accounting based environment. I guess this is one of the reason I pick that industry as well, because I always want to do something different, or something that contrast with the previous one. I usually would not stick to a field for a long period of time, so, will I move back to banking in the future? I don't know.

Maybe I should read more books and news, but oh well, will try to enjoy life first, so I can focus more when I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment