Friday, July 1, 2016

Unforgettable walk

Decided to join my friends for a walk at Cleveland way for a few days. It had been a year since I walked on that trail, & now I'm back again. However, this trip is definitely more challenging than the one I did a year ago.

Well the first day was just train to Saltburn and then hanging around at the beach. Watched Italy vs Spain & England vs Iceland after that. End the day with unexpected results.

Saltburn-by-the-Sea, a place full of memories

Started the challenge on the second day. Started around 930am. The weather was good in the morning.




It became cloudy in the afternoon


& then, walked in heavy rain for a few hours

By the time we reached Whitby, I was super exhausted and soaked in rainwater

Completed 37.5km trail walk at around 6pm. In the end was already incapable of ascending stairs properly. Definitely injured my right ankle and right knee.

Started walking again on the third day. Among 4 of us, only one of my friend & I was feeling uncomfortable. So basically two of us were dragging our injured legs.



Started with 199 steps to the abbey

Let's go!!

Unfortunately, it rained heavily again

Funny friend that used bin bag as raincoat..

Completed 20km walk today. The distance covered was definitely lesser than the first day, but we still completed around 6pm. Put up a night at Ravenscar before continuing our journey on the fourth day.

Fourth day, two person left early to catch a train at Whitby. Those two hardcore friend walked & ran for like 4 hours from Ravenscar to Whitby from 4am. So only left the injured two guys walking from Ravenscar on the fourth day. 





End of our trip

Walked 10km today before taking a bus from Slough to Scarborough. A total of 69km in three days is really a new challenge for me, since I only walked around 35km last year. Will never forget how hard it is to continue when I had to force myself to move forward. The aim for this trip turned out to be the same as the one last year, that is to train my determination when situation is difficult. It is a trip worth remembering, with three person that I truly appreciate.

Sometimes things cannot always remain the same. These two weeks a lot of people will leave here and go back home. Maybe we will not meet each other again, yet there are always memories to be treasured. 


No comments:

Post a Comment