Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Purpose of life

What is life about? At the end of every single day, what am I planning to achieve? This is probably a very debatable question as everyone has different dreams and things to achieve, yet I still can't really figure out what I want.

Recently is probably the most eventful period of time. Lots of friends had finished their exams and traveling around. Flipping through social medias' posts and saw tons of pictures/ albums about traveling. Well, since I am not available to travel at this moment then will just see where people usually go. Surprisingly Croatia become a very popular place to travel to during these few years, and is one of the country that I am planning to travel to. Maybe I will go there before I leave Europe permanently? I will decide on that soon.

Friends getting into a relationship and sharing their joy while being together is quite normal. But recently I also have friends/relatives that going into marriage, got a baby, or sadly broke up. That's why is an eventful period of time, because these events kind of caused me to have some mood swings. Relationship is a topic that is very hard to define, couples that are together for a very long time does not mean that they will be together forever. For me, managing a relationship is always a very tough task, and I certainly did not excel in it in the past. Should getting into a relationship and getting married in the future be the main objective of my life?

For me, life nowadays is about learning to minimise worries and unhappiness. When I was worried about exams, job, future life etc, I tried to get rid of it by learning together with a bunch of good friends. Maybe life is more about learning, rather than achieving success? At least at this stage I have the choice not to worry too much about success or failure. Recently some friends borrowed my notes for a module that I never take, which is out of my expectation. I was always doubting myself because I am doing unnecessary things or trying to learn more, but since my effort at least manage to help other friends in the subject I think that's probably worth it. Maybe happiness can be obtained by helping people around myself, probably feels better than getting good results. At least that's my objective in life for now.

Well, need to have some stuffs to look forward to when I wake up every morning, so that I don't roll on my bed forever wasting time. Maybe by then, I will know what is the purpose of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment