Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Teenage dream comes true

The day has finally arrived. After my decision of returning to Malaysia after studies, I was actively searching for football match tickets, hoping to find a reasonable ticket price & watch my last football match here (unless I have the chance again some time in the long future). Spent a few days searching through every single possible website, ended up purchasing a reasonably priced ticket for Arsenal vs West Brom on 21st April 2016, 7.45pm.

I have supported this club since 2004. I guess it was since the invincibles got the Premier League title without losing a single match for the whole season. From the era of Thierry Henry, to the following eras of the youngsters such  as Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie, until now when the team are formed by stars like Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Petr Cech, & so forth. 12 years, what a long wait before I finally watched a match at the Emirates.

The tube journey time doubled on that day due to the massive crowd at the stadium, which caused me to be 10 minutes late & also missed the first goal. When I finally got to my seat, when I looked down at the field, I felt a sense of joy, of finally fulfilling my dream. I enjoyed the stadium, enjoyed watching the match, and also enjoy cheering for the team. Well, I think I am still like a small kid sometimes, with such as small dream compared to things like traveling around the world, have a mega wedding, etc.

Night at the stadium

I believe this is one of the best stadium

Cheering for every Arsenal attack

Alexis preparing for the freekick

He scored! :D. Congratulated by teammates

Half time, bench players warming up

Mandatory picture

Well looks ok, anyway thanks uncle! 



Final score! 2-0! COYG!

Maximum adrenaline never end I guess. Ended up walking 40 minutes back to King's Cross Station after the match before taking the tube back home. Will always support the team, just because I really like the style of playing. Meanwhile, hope Arsenal can get some title soon. After so many years, still hoping.

That's the end of my trip to the Emirates. One of the days that I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment