Sunday, April 3, 2016

Disappointments are not the end of the world

Holidays are not really meant to be holidays
That is what I have learnt from the past years
Have been searching through jobs here and there
But still, yet to get, even one option to decide

I have to say, I was pretty confident with one of it
Did an interview for a company on Tuesday
It went pretty well, my essay went pretty well
My online assessments should be good as well
Yet, I have no idea why am I not selected for the next stage
It is kind of very demotivating, I will say
Anyway, gone is gone
No point thinking about it

Did another assessment centre on Friday
It is my second assessment centre in life
But the first for company from Malaysia
Oh well, did not enjoy the tests at all
They are way more difficult than I thought
The essay, probably went quite wrong as well
Meanwhile, the interview was fantastic
Stayed longer for a chat with the interviewer

I appreciate the learning experience from the interview
Certainly, I am not good enough in terms of knowledge
But I really take every single opportunity to learn
Asking her about the difference between working here and back home
Asking her about the difference between working as an audit and her role now
Asking her about the details of my potential future role
Asking her about her life experience
I found it very intuitive
If that is my next destination, I am quite sure I will try to pick her as my mentor

Well, still got some to work on for the next few days
Really hope that I am able to get something
At this moment, I will say that my thinking will be inclined towards going back home
Compare to remaining here for a short while
I hope I can start at one of the firms that come here this week
As I am sure, I will be able to contribute
If there is an opportunity

Moving forward
Instead of remaining at the same spot
& overtaken by others

No comments:

Post a Comment