Tuesday, October 25, 2016

What if?

7 billion people in this world
around 30 million people in my country
what are they usually doing from day to day?

Had been living without much water supply these few days
Thanks to factories that polluted the dam
Shower is always an ASAP thing nowadays
Washing dishes with minimal amount of water sent by the water truck
Stocking up big bottles of mineral water
That's how's my life recently

Took the not very efficient public transport yesterday morning
It is my first time taking it before 7am
Seeing people getting on from different stops
Feeling the crowd when it was about to reach the city centre
Looking at different kind of people doing different things
Some sleep, some reading, some swiping phone
Wonder how many different things can 30 million people do at the same time

Sometimes I think of what will happen if there's water shortage in other countries
Well, I think this is not a very uncommon thing here
So for me I am probably used to it and can bear with it for a few days at least
But what if this happens in a very well developed country?
What if this happens to those that take extremely long showers or use a lot of water?
Will they be able to survive with this situation?

Anyway these are just vague thoughts
Probably too free to think about all these unnecessary questions
Maybe I need to consult someone who can give me answers on these
Well, off to book reading soon
I guess I just need more knowledge on everything
Appreciating the days which I still can carry out my own plans

No comments:

Post a Comment