Monday, October 19, 2015

Appreciating the past & present

If I am still in Durham
I will be attending DUMAS event tonight
Instead of coming back to study after dinner
Oh well, at least I still had dinner with best mate from Durham
It somehow makes me feel better to have close friend by your side again

It has been a while since I settled down here
Although life in Imperial is quite challenging,
I guess the thing I miss most is about the people around
I was thinking of finding the same kind of friendliness here,
particularly among people from my home country
But, meh, can't really get along that well
More like always have to show the not genuine smile every single time
I guess everyone has been a bit more reserved nowadays
Maybe is the kiasu-ism here, or maybe I am just out of their age range

Now I speak proper Mandarin almost everyday
Converting to mainland Chinese? Not really
But I guess I found that they are more genuine towards me
As a friend
Is probably because they do not need anything from me now
Or even they need any help from me in the future
I am absolutely fine with that
At least I can relax and make friends without any beneficiary issues
That's probably what I hope for, at this moment of time

Well, life goes on
Just gonna say, I am not boycotting people from my own country
Slap whoever that says so, you probably do not understand me enough
Appreciating the past, & the present

No comments:

Post a Comment