Sunday, August 14, 2016

Learning from people around

A meaningful week, with loads of thinking yet again...

Learnt something from people around me, which proves that learning is not just from books..

Sent a friend off again today. My ex-roommate/ ex-housemate for my past 3 years in Durham. Time really flies and this is probably the last time i meet him before I fly back home. Well, he is going to remain here and this is the time where we split ways. I always treat him as my brother, because he is the first person from Durham that I know, and we really have some sort of mutual interest in certain things.

Anyway, one of the thing that I have learnt from him is to move on even though things don't go my way. I had been dealing with unhappiness for quite a bit for the past few years, yet I was always taking things too seriously and overthinking. Although these are actually not something bad, sometimes I should really move on as soon as possible. He is the guy that can deal/ react to problems much quicker than me, and for now I had been slowly developing into a person that can move on quicker as well. Maybe I take certain things more lightly for now, especially things about relationship, since I guess there's no point dealing with upsets if things don't go well.

Had been lacking in concentration for a very long time. Yet I managed to find the my concentrating power back yesterday. Helping my cousin to clean her place is certainly a good learning experience for me. Not learning how to clean, but learning how to concentrate. Washing up is probably one of things that can really make me concentrate well. I had been focusing on just washing up for around two hours without even realising about lunch time. I probably sort of need these kind of concentration trainings nowadays so I can focus more from now on.

Another thing learnt yesterday is about how to deal with things. I was a person that deal with things from the least difficult to the most difficult things. In order to do so, I usually put difficult stuffs aside and might end of not even bothering about them. But yesterday I tried to not avoid from difficulties and just solve everything in one go, and I realise is actually not as hard as I had expected. Maybe during certain times, I can solve problems without any order instead of struggling a lot in the end.

That's all I guess, back from no wifi life for 1.5 days, so have the time to update here also. Anyway, hope to cherish more about life here before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment