Friday, March 10, 2017

Training week

Went through 4 days of training, I will say that 4 days are sort of the most meaningful days in 2017. The first that caught me out of nowhere was how to manage clients. I was picked by the presenter on purpose and as expected I was really bad in it. Nervous, low confident, shaky, sort of a "good example to be corrected from". Of course won't be too happy because of that, expected some embarrassment but somehow really appreciate the feedback. I definitely know my weakness and things to improve on. For the past 23 years had been trying to be myself, but sometimes I probably just need to adapt to real life situations. That's how life should be.

Went through another 1.5 days of training regarding my day-to-day job. The patience guidance from my seniors are definitely the things that I appreciate the most. The main reason why I still remain is actually because of the people that I appreciate and want to learn from. Learnt a lot about client facing as usual, but the key takeaway is definitely to be confident in what I am doing. No matter what, need to be sure as hell of what I did and solve all the doubts.

The last session was the one I need the most for now. It was actually similar to the principals that I have from a few years back. The two lines of lyrics that had been accompanying me for years, will still motivate me from now on. “当我和世界不一样,那就让我不一样”,“逆风的方向,更适合飞翔”. The emotional challenges this year was one of the hardest to manage and I am still going through it. I believe there will be more in the future and I will always prepare to go through it. It is true that I am always competing with people but eventually I just need to focus on myself. Downtime is hard, potential takeover from others is tough to handle, yet all these non-controllable situations shall be managed with great patience.

Need to set my targets soon. If there's no target how am I going to hit it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment