Saturday, January 7, 2017

Good feedback to be noted

Had a very good feedback session yesterday, chatting about what I did well and what I didn't do well during the past two months of work. For me personally always focus on what I didn't do well because those are the things which should be improved next time. There are obviously a few technical things about work which I still need to improve on, and it sort of proved that I am actually not a very detail-oriented person compare to my colleagues. I think is absolutely fine, because that is what I always felt about myself also. Not sure why in the past a lot of people said I am very detail-oriented, which makes me feel quite doubtful.

The other thing is about voicing out my ideas. Yes, there are always situations where I wanted to say something, but someone else voiced out my thoughts and took the credit. For me personally, to improve on this is quite, subjective. I agree I definitely can improve by voicing up every time instead of waiting for people to voice up first, but somehow I have chosen not to for certain reasons. Feeling that certain arguments are not necessary and time wasting is one of the reason. As a person who doesn't really like arguing and prefer a more concise progress in work, I don't usually get myself into arguments unless is necessary. And of course, I prefer to be a good listener as a start because people have ideas from different dimensions so sometimes is not very good to be too judgmental at the start. Anyway these are definitely good feedback from my reviewer.

If you ask me a year ago, I probably would not even consider myself being in this job, mainly because it is a contrast to my introvert nature. An adviser should be a very confident in communicating ideas and very outspoken, which I am not. Well, seems that I am doing not bad for now, so hopefully this year I can continue to improve to become a better adviser.

Anyway, what I really hope from the first day of work is to work with everyone in my team, because I will say that I appreciate each of them and hope to work together before anyone leaves. Well, hope for the best and will continue with my non-stopping working journey this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment